The world-renowned Lee Valley is one of the most beautiful landscapes that Ireland has to offer. Our destination is the source of the River Lee in the Shehy mountains. In this wild and beautiful scenery of Gougane Barra, the Lee flows from the lake of Gougane Barra and St. Finbarr the patron saint of Cork first founded his early Christian monastery in the 6th century. The legend says that he left to walk the river valley, at the mouth of which he established a monastery, which is now the site of St Finbarr’s Cathedral in Cork City. This route is steeped in Cork history and you will pass over Béal na Bláth, the site of the ambush and death of the Irish revolutionary leader Michael Collins in 1922. You will track the river Lee as it meanders into the Inniscarra Lake, a man-made reservoir formed in the 1950s and on to Macroom and the Gearagh,a submerged glacial woodland and nature reserve, where the river Lee descends from the mountains. Time permitting you may fly over Cork city, where the Lee splits in two for a short distance, creating an island on which Cork’s city centre is built before it empties into the Celtic Sea.
Price: €89 per person based on 3 people sharing (€267 per scenic experience)
Duration: Approximately 60 minutes
Aircraft: Cessna 172 (4 seater)
Maximum passengers: 3
Terms & Conditions:
- The full cost of this scenic flight is €267 which must be paid in full in order for the flight to proceed, whether one or all 3 seats are occupied.
- Vouchers are valid for 60 months (5 years) from date of purchase.
- Vouchers are non-refundable and must be used before the expiry date.
- Advanced booking is essential. When booking please quote your reference number.
- A voucher must be presented when you attend AFTA for your flight experience, or you will not be able to proceed.
- AFTA reserve the right to postpone any flight experience due to unforeseen circumstances, including adverse weather conditions & aircraft maintenance. Your gift experience will be rescheduled.
- In the event of having to postpone/cancel your booking, please notify AFTA at least 48 hours prior to booking, or your booking will become invalid.
- Non-attendance for a booking will result in your experience becoming invalid.
- The stated duration of a flight is a guide only may differ from time to time. Exact timing can depend on weather, season and ATC capacities. All photos used in AFTA promotional material are only intended to give a general idea of the experience.
- All occupants must be able to enter and exit the aircraft unassisted.
- Passengers under 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Passengers under 10 years old must not occupy the front seat.
- The combined total weight of all occupants must not exceed 225Kg
- Any passenger over 200 cm (6’6”) tall will be assessed for safe and comfortable accommodation in the aircraft.
- The pilot’s decision is final in any of the above matters.
- A waiver must be signed on arrival by both participants and non-participants, stating that they attend or participate entirely at their own risk and will not hold AFTA or individuals responsible in the event of injury.
- As instructed by An Garda Siochana Immigration Department, all those who wish to access the secure airport perimeter must provide photo ID, e.g. a passport.
- You agree to indemnify AFTA against any claims, liabilities, damages, expensed and legal fees arising out of use of an AFTA site.
- Disorderly conduct, consumption of alcohol or any illegal substance is strictly prohibited on the day and will result in cancellation.
- All data is used in accordance with the General Data Protection Act
- AFTA reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notification.