The Copper Coast Geopark is a designated area comprising a stretch of the southern coast of Ireland in County Waterford, extending for some 25 km of coastline from Kilfarrasy in the east to Stradbally in the west. It was the first geopark to be designated in the country. The world-renowned Copper Coast is one of the most beautiful landscapes that Ireland has to offer, embracing the panoramic seascapes, cliffs, bays and coves from Waterford. The area has a wealth of beautiful yet “undiscovered” secluded coves and beaches, each with a story to tell. It took more than 460 million years to create the Copper Coast, so take your time and take in the sights. You’ll pass over the seaside town of Dunmore East, known for its fishing and beautiful landscapes before flying to one of Irelands most haunted houses, Loftus Hall. Soon after, you’ll take in the breath taking views of Hook-Head Lighthouse, one of the oldest lighthouses in the world and the second oldest operating lighthouse in the world. You’ll make your way back west, passing the humble town of Tramore and finally Dungarvan, its clear to see why its one of Irelands most loved costal towns.
Price: €89 per person based on 3 people sharing (€267 per air experience)
Duration: Approximately 60 minutes
Aircraft: Cessna 172 (4 seater)
Maximum passengers: 3
Departure From: Waterford Airport, (X91E2WP)
Cover Photo by Dennis Horgan
Terms & Conditions:
- The full cost of this flight is €267 which must be paid in full in order for the flight to proceed, whether one or all 3 seats are occupied.
- Vouchers are valid for 60 months (5 years) from date of purchase.
- Vouchers are non-refundable and must be used before the expiry date.
- Advanced booking is essential. When booking please quote your reference number.
- A voucher must be presented when you attend AFTA for your flight experience, or you will not be able to proceed.
- AFTA reserve the right to postpone any flight experience due to unforeseen circumstances, including adverse weather conditions & aircraft maintenance. Your gift experience will be rescheduled.
- In the event of having to postpone/cancel your booking, please notify AFTA at least 48 hours prior to booking, or your booking will become invalid.
- Non-attendance for a booking will result in your experience becoming invalid.
- The stated duration of a flight is a guide only may differ from time to time. Exact timing can depend on weather, season and ATC capacities. All photos used in AFTA promotional material are only intended to give a general idea of the experience.
- All occupants must be able to enter and exit the aircraft unassisted.
- Passengers under 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Passengers under 10 years old must not occupy the front seat.
- The combined total weight of all occupants must not exceed 225Kg
- Any passenger over 200 cm (6’6”) tall will be assessed for safe and comfortable accommodation in the aircraft.
- The pilot’s decision is final in any of the above matters.
- A waiver must be signed on arrival by both participants and non-participants, stating that they attend or participate entirely at their own risk and will not hold AFTA or individuals responsible in the event of injury.
- As instructed by An Garda Siochana Immigration Department, all those who wish to access the secure airport perimeter must provide photo ID, e.g. a passport.
- You agree to indemnify AFTA against any claims, liabilities, damages, expensed and legal fees arising out of use of an AFTA site.
- Disorderly conduct, consumption of alcohol or any illegal substance is strictly prohibited on the day and will result in cancellation.
- All data is used in accordance with the General Data Protection Act
- AFTA reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notification.