Applicants seeking to join a Ryanair mentored APS MCC course.
This programme is for individuals who hold an EU/EEA Passport with the unrestricted right to live and work in Europe.
- EASA CPL ME/IR completed
- EASA ATPL theory completed
- Minimum age: 17 ½
- Hold an EU Passport with the unrestricted right to live and work in the EU.
- Open to base opportunities across Europe.
- Disciplined, highly motivated, demonstrable leadership qualities.
- Must hold a valid EU (Part-MED) issued Class 1 Medical.
- Complete an assessment in our academy.
- Available to complete remainder of training as a full time student.
- Minimum IELTS Level 4.5 English Language Proficiency
Airline Pilot Standards & Multi Crew Co-operation
‘The Ryanair mentored Airline Pilot Standard MCC (APS MCC) is an enhanced MCC that trains pilots in multi-crew competencies to Ryanairs standards. It is designed to give new pilots all the knowledge and skills necessary to be prepared for their final assessment and to be able to adapt easily to Ryanair’s working environment.
This APS MCC was developed in conjunction with Ryanair , it is structured to address areas that new pilots can be weak in during airline assessments. Accordingly there is more emphasis in the APS MCC on knowledge, manual handling and Crew Resource Management (CRM) all of which are trained and assessed using the EASA pilot Core Competencies. In addition, our Boeing 737 NG simulator represents a real airline standard aircraft. Jet orientation training is required and specified in the APS MCC course .The specification of the Jet simulator is set out and the qualification of the instructor is specified.
The content of the basic MCC is retained in full and you will be studying airline structure, operational CRM, meteorology, flight planning, and fuel management among other essential elements of information for a student airline pilot. In addition to that theoretical training you will be trained in pilot core competencies such as flightpath management, communication, situation awareness, problem solving and decision making among may more, all conducted in a high quality simulator.
APS MCC FAQs.
- 10 Days Computer Based Training CBT aircraft systems and procedures
- 4 Days ground school
- 10 by 4 Hours B737-800 FBS Training
Course Fee €8,140
Course Fee includes:
- Access to Ryanair SOPS and Boeing 737 manuals.
- Assessment Preparation
Course Fee excludes:
- Fees for skills tests, licence and ratings issue can found on the IAA website under publications Fees and Orders. Aircraft rental fee for skills test are not included.
- Accommodation and living expenses.
- Medical exam for EASA Class 1 Medical
- Online CUT-E assessment €55.
- Accommodation and living expenses.
- Type- Rating
Arrange an Assessment
Our Ryanair assessment take place in the academy Monday to Friday at 10am. The process consists of three parts, the CUT-E test, simulator test and an interview. Preparation is key.
The CUT-E Test
When you contact one of our training advisors you will be emailed a link to complete this section of the assessment at home. This is a computerised pilot screening system which assesses work related behaviour, situational behaviour, deductive-logical thinking, inductive-logical thinking, spatial orientation, reaction speed, monitoring ability, multi-tasking capabilities and complex control.
After successfully passing the CUT-E test, you will be invited to attend the academy. You will complete a simulator aptitude test. After a short briefing you will be instructed to perform some complex manoeuvres. This is to assess your skill level, capacity and interaction with an instructor.
This part of the process is an opportunity for you to tell us why you would like to join the Ryanair mentorship programme, what qualities, characteristics and experience you could offer Ryanair. The instructors want to be sold on your commitment and dedication. There will also be some ATPL questions here.