- AFTA provides a productive learning Academy adjacent to Cork International Airport.
- Located just 5km from Cork City, the airport is just minutes away from Ireland’s picturesque County Cork coastline which affords ideal geographical flight training conditions. Cork City was named among the top 10 in the Best Cities to visit in the Lonely Planet Guide’s “Best in Travel 2010”.
- Top quality instructors – many of our instructors are former military and civilian pilots and captains from major international airline companies. Flight instructors include pilots with operational experience ranging from charter, corporate and airline experience.
- Classes are kept small, providing a dedicated and personalised approach.
- The school has a large fleet of modern and next generation aircraft and simulators including our new Boeing 738 800 NG MCC MPL Simulator .
- Standardised cadet training ensures a smooth transition through the various stages to completion of the professional licence.
- AFTA is accredited by the Irish aviation authority and regulated in compliance with EASA oversight criteria.
- Efficient visa processing and in house academy support for international students
- AFTA specialises in providing pre-course English tuition for non English speaking students. Aviation English is included in pre-course tuition.
Challenging Weather Conditions
One day can be CAVOK, but the next day can be IFR conditions – this develops broader decision making for pilots in the early stages rather than ones that come from good weather. Pilots trained in Northern and Western Europe experience all types of weather which gives them the exposure,confidence,capacity and capability to cope with the challenges of large commercial airliner flying in their future careers.
Air Astana – AFTA has forged a close relationship and training partnership with Kazakhstan’s national award winning airline since 2012. A training contract was signed that year to meet the demand for its significant ongoing fleet expansion. To date AFTA has successfully trained 110 First Officer pilots.
University & College Partners
Waterford Institute of Technology
Airline Transport Pilot’s Licence and BSc (Hons) Airline Transport Operations with English Language Training
This is an innovative programme arising from collaboration between the Irish Department of Education, the Waterford Institute of Technology and the Atlantic Flight Training Academy.
Train in a single location
The school, which is approved by the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) (IRL-FTO-06-04) is based in Cork International Airport which is a renowned training location with every conceivable flight training aid available. Situated just 5 km from Cork City, the airport is just minutes away from Ireland’s picturesque County Cork coastline which affords ideal geographical flight training conditions.
Our success in placing graduates: Since 1995, Atlantic Flight Training Academy has instructed and prepared many pilots who now enjoy key positions such as Training Captains, Fleet Captains, Captains and First Officers with many of today’s leading Airlines. We maintain a strong reputation within the industry and some of the more prominent companies that students now fly for include Aer Lingus, Ryanair, Easy Jet, Virgin Airways, British Airways, UAE and Qatar.